Orbit, one of Scotland’s leading PR, public affairs and design agencies, is seeking an experienced PR Account Manager.
We’re looking for an exceptional self-starter who has the skills and experience to be able to hit the ground running. The role will involve daily management of client accounts with a particular emphasis on the provision of PR and media support alongside digital engagement and social media management.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To manage relationships with clients, ensuring they receive structured and strategic communications advice and support.
- Line managing selected individuals in more junior positions.
- Working in close consultation with the client to plan and implement communications strategies on their behalf.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with journalists, the media and other target stakeholders on clients’ behalf.
- Drafting media copy in a range of styles and formats to suit a variety of different audiences and to a consistently high standard.
- Creating digital copy and content and managing digital channels on clients’ behalf with the aim of positively managing their reputation and raising their profile.
- Proactive media monitoring and background research for clients.
- Where appropriate, selling in additional design and digital services and liaising with in-house digital and design colleagues with a view to furthering clients’ communications objectives.
- Actively participating in new client pitches with the aim of securing new business for the company.
- Participating actively in business development, networking and profile-raising activity on behalf of the company.
The list of duties in the job description, current or later revised, is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. There will be other duties and requirements associated with the job and, in addition, as a term of employment, the successful applicant may be required to undertake various other duties as may be required of them.
- A communications-related qualification and/or membership of a professional communications body would be an advantage.
- A full, driving licence for driving in the UK is essential.
- Two satisfactory work references, including current or most recent employer, where applicable
- A particular knowledge and a proven track record of professional work experience at Account Manager level or equivalent (minimum three years) in public relations, digital PR and social media.
- Experience of public affairs and consumer PR, ideally in an agency environment, would be an additional advantage.
- The successful applicant must demonstrate strong skills and professional experience in the above areas as well as a clear understanding of how they interact and can be brought to bear in order to further the goals of our clients and the wider growth of the business.
- A motivated self-starter who will undertake an active client-facing role from their first day in the job.
- The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a strategic approach and have the confidence to manage their own workload as well as having the capability to add value through an in-depth knowledge and understanding of our services that will assist the continued growth of the business.
- As well as being an excellent team player, the successful applicant will be expected to use their initiative and manage the skills of our team to deliver clear, measurable outcomes for clients as well as demonstrating an ability to attract new clients and contribute actively to the future growth of the business.
- Proven knowledge of working with project management systems and understanding of the commercial aspects of agency life.
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent grasp of all Microsoft Office based software.
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Pensions contribution
- Private health insurance
- 28 days paid holiday
- Christmas/New Year Shutdown
- A culture that recognises and rewards creativity and initiative.
At the discretion of Orbit, this job description may be revised according to the needs of the business and further to consultation with the post-holder.
Subject to successful completion of an initial probation period, this is a permanent contract that starts immediately for the right candidate. Deadline for applications: Monday 1st April 2019 at 10am.
If this sounds like you please apply by email with a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining how your skills and experience make you suitable for the role.
Strictly no agencies, please.