Proposals have been announced for the delivery of the next phase of Southdale in West Lothian, one of Scotland’s largest regeneration projects.
Located immediately south of Armadale in West Lothian this mixed-use development, fully integrated with the town, is being undertaken by developer EWP Investments (EWP).
Southdale has already delivered hundreds of new homes and significant employment opportunities for the local area.
Planning applications have now been lodged with West Lothian Council for:
- 270 additional new homes, including:
- 65 affordable homes, incorporating amenity housing for over 55’s for rent.
- A variety of private housing including starter homes, bungalows, 2 and 3-bedroom, terraced, semi-detached and detached houses.
- A neighbourhood centre, including a:
- Pharmacy and post office – Dears Pharmacy has already applied for a licence to open a pharmacy in one of the units, offering the full range of NHS pharmaceutical services, with an instore post office.
- Dental surgery
- Veterinary surgery
- Coffee shop
- Dedicated landscaped open space for community use
- A potential additional NHS health centre for Armadale – alleviating pressure on the current GP practice which is heavily overcapacity.
Southdale achievements to date:
- Asda supermarket and petrol filling station
- Southdale Primary School, which opened in August 2016
- Arnold Clark Citroen dealership
- 362 houses – Taylor Wimpey and Bellway Homes
- Marston’s pub restaurant – ‘The Rowan Tree’
- Private nursery – run by childcare operator Wee Gems
- New road network and upgraded utilities for the area
The proposals will go on display at the Armadale Community Fair on Friday 16th June from 6pm at Armadale Community Education Centre.
Andrew Hutchinson from EWP said:
“Our proposals will deliver much-needed housing for West Lothian, including affordable housing and amenity housing for the over 55’s, the first significant offering in Armadale in more than a decade.
“We have been encouraged by the level of interest shown by local businesses who have approached us seeking opportunities to locate at Southdale and be part of the expanding community. Our proposed neighbourhood centre includes a pharmacy, post office, dentist, veterinary surgery and coffee shop.
“We have also been liaising closely with the NHS and are keen to facilitate the delivery of a new health centre at Southdale to complement the existing surgery in the town centre, which locals will be aware is heavily overcapacity.
“As part of one of Scotland’s most ambitious regeneration projects these housing and business proposals offer considerable opportunities, both for those already living in Armadale, and those looking to make Armadale their home or start a business.
For further information, please contact Orbit Communications on 0131 603 8996 or email@example.com.