Orbit, one of Scotland’s leading PR, public affairs and design agencies, is recruiting for the position of Marketing and Account Executive.
The successful applicant will provide public relations, public affairs and community engagement support externally to a range of clients alongside digital marketing, communications and administrative support internally to enable smooth running of the business.
Whilst we envisage this role as full-time, we are open to consideration of applicants who would seek to operate on a part-time basis. The successful candidate will be employed on a permanent contract. Confirmation of employment will be subject to satisfactory completion of a probationary period of three months which may be extended at the Company’s discretion.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To ensure good client relations through regular contact and updates.
- To conduct background research to support clients’ communications objectives.
- To carry out media and political monitoring and issuing daily bulletins to clients.
- To draft copy for news releases, comment articles, policy submissions and reports.
- To plan, implement and update contact schedules on clients’ behalf.
- To plan and implement social media plans and campaigns on behalf of clients.
- As required, to carry out certain basic design tasks on behalf of clients.
- To manage relationships with journalists and the media on clients’ behalf.
- To manage subcontractors and associated budgets for the provision of PR support services – printing, design, polling etc.
- To organise and attend events on behalf of clients.
- To respond to press and public inquiries on behalf of clients.
- Creating and maintaining contact databases, activity schedules, briefing and other core materials for clients.
- Managing regular updates of the Orbit website and social media channels.
- To support Orbit marketing and business development activities including in-house events, newsletters, mailshots etc.
- To coordinate Orbit staff attendance at external events and exhibitions, including potential speaking and presentation opportunities.
- Managing relationships with external organisations of which Orbit is a member and ensuring we make the most of these memberships.
- To coordinate team input to tenders for new business.
- To coordinate Orbit award entries.
- To update Orbit contact databases and other core materials.
- Additional office administration tasks that may be required.
The list of duties in the job description, current or later revised, is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. There will be other duties and requirements associated with your job and, in addition, as a term of your employment you may be required to undertake various other duties as may be required of you.
- A communications-related qualification and/or membership of a professional communications body would be an advantage.
- A full, driving licence for driving in the UK is preferred.
- Two satisfactory work references, including current or most recent employer, where applicable.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate good knowledge and understanding of the Scottish and UK media and political landscapes.
- Previous agency experienced preferred but not essential.
- A motivated self-starter who will undertake an active client-facing role. The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate an ability to understand new, often complex, issues quickly and work with a small team to communicate how that might impact on clients and what actions they should take as a result.
- As well as being an excellent team player, the successful applicant will have excellent communication skills and able to build relationships with clients and external stakeholders alike.
- The role is available for immediate start.
- Good knowledge of Office software.
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Pensions contribution
- Private health insurance
- 28 days paid holiday
- Christmas/New Year Shutdown
- Clear opportunities for growth and progression.
At the discretion of Orbit, this job description may be revised according to the needs of the business and further to consultation with the post-holder.
Subject to successful completion of an initial probation period, this is a permanent contract that starts immediately for the right candidate. Closing date for applications is Thursday 18th April 2019.
If this sounds like you please apply by email with a copy of your CV and a covering note.
Strictly no agencies please.