SDA Ltd, the developers behind one of the largest regeneration projects in Scotland, Armadale Station Development in West Lothian, have lodged a planning application kick-starting the second phase of development at the site.
The news follows the recent announcement that ASDA, Bellway Homes and Taylor Wimpey have signed up to construct a supermarket and 180 houses for the first phase of the development. This achievement marks the culmination of 8 years of hard work by the development team, with significant assistance and support from West Lothian Council, Armadale Community Council and the local community, to regenerate the area.
As the initial phase of the development commences, the developers are keen to keep up the momentum on delivering the overall masterplan which includes 1,000 houses, a hotel, a care home, leisure facilities, industrial and offices.
The new application comprises:
- 394 homes
- Neighbourhood shops next to the Station
- A community building next to the Station which has been designed to incorporate an anchor use such as a nursery or a doctors’ surgery, together with smaller units to accommodate, for example, a dental surgery, beautician and/or chiropodist clinics.
- An office building next to the new roundabout on Station Road which has been designed to accommodate either several independent small businesses or a high profile single occupier
- Two mixed use buildings incorporating flats and ground floor
- commercial units set around the supermarket and Civic Square
The success of this project against the backdrop of a severe economic recession, clearly demonstrates that Armadale is now considered by many as an ideal location to live, with excellent transport routes, superb public amenities and strong sense of community all serving to promote the area.
Commenting on the announcement Sandra Carter from the Armadale Station Development said:
“Through lodging this application we are delighted to be maintaining the momentum for the delivery of one of Scotland’s largest regeneration projects. It is great to be in a position to be doing this following on so closely from the delivery of such prestigious operators as ASDA, Taylor Wimpey and Bellway Homes to the site, something we could not have achieved without the continued support of Armadale Community Council and the local community.”
Notes to Editors
About Armadale Station Development
- Amadale Station Development, one of Scotland’s largest regeneration projects, is an exciting £200 million plan for Armadale, West Lothian, by developers SDA Ltd. It is situated in the south of the town, within the Armadale Core Development Area (CDA), and occupies c.120 hectares.
- This mixed use development is focused around the new Armadale Railway Station on the Bathgate-Airdrie rail link and is expected to create around 4,500 permanent jobs when complete.
- The Armadale Station Development will be fully integrated with the existing town and will include a supermarket, primary school, hotel, multiplex cinema, retail, restaurants, care home, health centre, business and industrial units, extensive public parks, additional links to surrounding roads, and approximately 1000 houses and flats, of which up to 250 will be affordable.
- Planning permission for Armadale Station Development was given in November 2010.
- The supermarket was given planning permission in November 2010, and ASDA named as the operator in May 2011. A planning application for the primary school was lodged in October 2009.
- In October 2010 a planning application was lodged for 192 houses and a 60 bed care home and approved in March 2011. Bellway Homes and Taylor Wimpey will deliver the first phase of 180 houses.
- Armadale Station Development is a sponsor of the Armadale Children’s Gala Day in 2011 and was principal sponsor of the centenary Gala Day held in 2010. It is also a sponsor of the Armadale Sports Club under-14s football team.
For further information: www.armadalestation.co.uk
For more information please contact Orbit Communications on 0131 257 4232 or email@example.com