The Chief Executive, Chair and Board of one of Scotland’s most innovative housing associations, which promotes active and independent living for residents has celebrated the organisations 40th anniversary.
Over the 40 years since it was created, Hanover Scotland has been at the forefront of providing innovative care and housing to meet varying needs and supporting residents to experience full and active lives.
Since their creation, Hanover Scotland have:
- Developed progressive models of housing for older people
- Become a leader in telecare Services
- Encouraged innovative housing design
- Pioneered new models of tenure and services
Hanover will continue to adapt to the ever-changing world, from changes in demographics, expectations of residents and staff and technological advancements. Over the coming years, residents can expect increase say and control over services, further modernisation of our housing, initiatives with new technology to deliver better services and innovative measures to encourage and promote an active lifestyle
Helen Murdoch, Chief Executive of Hanover Scotland, said: “I am very proud that Hanover Scotland has reached this 40-year milestone. Over a span of 40 years of unprecedented change and challenge, Hanover has always stepped up to meet these in innovative and creative ways. We have a drive for quality which means we never standstill.”
“We are proud to have served and helped improve the lives of our residents over the past 40 years and we are confident that this will continue into the next 40 years. I feel so strongly that it is not just about having a roof over your head: it is about helping older people develop a deep sense of belonging, by continuing to help eliminate isolation and loneliness, providing good quality homes, then building that belonging in, by creating, supporting and connecting residents with vibrant local communities’
Notes to Editors
For more information, please contact Graeme Downie at email@example.com or at 07973 300 184.
About Hanover (Scotland)
- Hanover is one of Scotland’s largest housing associations for older people, managing more than 5,000 properties for tenants and owners and providing commercial services to more than 40,000 people.
- Hanover’s hosing stock includes sheltered, very sheltered, housing with care, amenity and owner occupied properties.
- Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd is a Scottish charity (SC014738) and Registered Property Factor (00140)
- For more information, visit: www.hanover.scot/